Tuesday, May 29, 2012

kicking a UTI without antibiotics

drink some uva ursi in a full glass of water once or twice a day (or take it in capsule or tea form, I ordered the liquid from amazon... it's a good one for kidney stones too)
drink several glasses of no-sugar cranberry juice and lots of water
drink a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water once a day
take it easy rest with a heating pad on your lower abs or back near your kidneys 
                            hot water bottle
take a daily hot sitz bath with 5 drops of lavender essential oil and 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
take a dose or two of ibuprofen through the day to reduce inflammation and treat the pain


A couple of days following this recipe works brilliantly, just used it last week. It's super simple and so much less expensive then the doctor... plus I think it's very good for the body to limit antibiotics when and where you can. Home treatments when they work (and it's generally often ask my sister Dayna!) are so fantastic and liberating. 

1 comment:

Janan said...

I will definitely try this out next time I..need to. lol