So first things first once the boys were safely on their flight I deep cleaned the entire apartment...it feels so fantastic to be in a clean space with no one around to mess it up. I went out to lunch, ran a bunch of errands, grocery shopped for just me, bought my favorite flowers, picked up some blockbuster, made homemade raspberry ice-cream, organized my office (worked a little bit) read a few magazines, got all our tax info. together...we have never been so late before it's freaking me out a little. Caught up on reading all the blogs I love, talked on the phone with both boys, watched some old 30 Rock, sleeping in of course! And I'm planning on a movie, shopping, mani-pedi, organizing more trouble areas in our house, pulling out the clothes that no longer fit The UB, Getting more work done (I'm here instead of with them because of work so I should put a little focus on it I suppose) taking a trip to the library for a few novels, maybe I will dye an egg or two? It really is so fun to have a few days on my own.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
alone
So first things first once the boys were safely on their flight I deep cleaned the entire apartment...it feels so fantastic to be in a clean space with no one around to mess it up. I went out to lunch, ran a bunch of errands, grocery shopped for just me, bought my favorite flowers, picked up some blockbuster, made homemade raspberry ice-cream, organized my office (worked a little bit) read a few magazines, got all our tax info. together...we have never been so late before it's freaking me out a little. Caught up on reading all the blogs I love, talked on the phone with both boys, watched some old 30 Rock, sleeping in of course! And I'm planning on a movie, shopping, mani-pedi, organizing more trouble areas in our house, pulling out the clothes that no longer fit The UB, Getting more work done (I'm here instead of with them because of work so I should put a little focus on it I suppose) taking a trip to the library for a few novels, maybe I will dye an egg or two? It really is so fun to have a few days on my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow - look at you. I'm afraid if I were left to my own devices for more than a few hours I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I'm getting to comfortable with being "needed" all the time.
Enjoy your break!
Wow, that is great! I would love all that extra time. Enjoy every minute of it.
oh, I'm jealous. I don't know if Michael would ever go on a trip without me. He's done day stuff alot and overnights while I'm gone, but never what Mark and the UB are doing. hmmm... I'm getting an idea!
Post a Comment